Tuesday, October 22, 2013

"Somewhere!"

For this project, we had to photoshop a photo of ourselves into a completely new scene, someplace we haven't been before. It is intended to look like a brand new photo.
Finished edited photo. Me and the lion yawning!

Original lion photo

Webcam photo of me
The lion photo is from this website. I took the photo of me with my webcam because I didn't have access to my camera at the time. The lion photo was of much better quality, so I had to add noise and downgrade the lion photo to meet the grain similar to my webcam quality. I then cut myself out, and edited the lion photo to be able to fit me into it. After that I changed the colors, added photo filters, drew grass and hair, smudged, added shadows, and kept tweaking myself and the lion until we both looked like we could perhaps be from the same photo.

The project below was my original idea for this project, but it was too simple, so I did the lion photo as well.
The photoshopped photo! 


The photo to the left is the original photo of me, photo credit goes to my lovely momma! And the image to the right is of a beautiful Hawaiian waterfall, photo credit goes to Chuck55.

This was a very fun challenge for me. It took a while to find the right background, and which effects were right for the photo.

I cut out myself from the original photo, making sure to feather the edges just slightly. I then had to blur and add fake bokeh to the waterfall background. I played with photo filters and colors until everything began to look more cohesive. Lastly, I repainted a lot of stray hairs around my head because it looked really fake with no stray hairs. Now I have a photo of me in Hawaii. :) However, this project was rather boring, so I did the lion one which I like a lot better.

No comments:

Post a Comment