Monday, October 7, 2013

Pop Art Poster

So many polka dots!
Some criteria for this project was to use no more than 4 colors (the white doesn't count because it would be printed on white paper), include your face in it, and play with a word or text.

Trypophobia is the fear of clusters of circles or holes. I wear a lot of polka dots and I once met someone who couldn't look at me because they had this phobia. So I thought this would be kind of interesting to do, especially since "trypophobia" has "pop" in it and it's kind of like pop art!

I ended up not using the image trace part in illustrator at all in the final project because my reference photos were not contrasted well enough, and I couldn't get a smooth, fine edge like I wanted. So I used it as a reference but I drew my own outline and shadows and whatnot.

Here are the references I used to create this image - pardon me for being a mess!
Face ref.
Body ref. 


3 comments: